Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bedroom pillows, I can't stop!

After I made the new pillow covers I lived with them for a while.  Remember these?



I liked them, a lot.  But then, I brought in a painting that I hadn't unwrapped from the move, and the pillows just didn't...fit.  Too plain, too muted.  I needed red!

I began my hunt for that something special fabric and ended up at Hawthorne Threads and voila!  There it was!  An entire collection of the perfect colors, exactly what I had envisioned when I started my search.  Actually, no, even better than I had imagined.  

I tried to find them locally,  because delayed gratification isn't my strong suit, and managed to find a couple of the prints here, but not the two main ones that I absolutely HAD to have.  So I ordered my 2 fabrics and waited, not at all patiently.

They arrived last week, and today, on this very cold (for Texas) sleet filled day, I got to work.




Can I just say, that I am in LOVE?  


This pillow make over is spurring a deep urge to start looking for furniture for my room and to get it just the way I want. The only thing stopping me?  I just don't want to spend the money.  

Like, at all.

So, for now, my two little uber cheap Ikea side tables, my ooooolllldddd black chair, and the bed are it. Although, maybe a quick peek at craigslist...a dresser, some paint...oh the ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment