Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ahoy! It's a Boy Baby Shower!


On Saturday, the 31st of May, I hosted another shower at my home.  While I love the decorating and froo froo stuff, I'm not great when it comes to the food, so I was THRILLED to have 2 co-hosts that were able to take care of that end of the party.  It was fantastic and the parents, who were blessed with a 29 weeker just two weeks before their party, looked so happy the entire time.  While their little one was being taken care of in the NICU we were taking care of them ;)  


Welcome!  Guests were greeted with this cheery diaper wreath.

The clothing line was a hit!  The onesie in the middle was personalized with
the baby boy's birth stats.  It was my favorite decoration of all.

The spread!  The sandwiches were catered and were ah-mazing!  Actually all of the food was
wonderful and there's no way I could have done it all alone.  Again, SUPER thankful for the help!
Have I mentioned how much I love making diaper cakes?  No?  Well, yeah, I do.  Just like a lot!

The dessert table, also known as the "I gain 20 lbs just by looking at it" table was
complete with gummy sharks and whales, swedish fish,  rainbow colored "fishing line" aka twizzlers,
some super cute baby boy mints, and some red white and blue twizzlers too! 
This cake not only looked wonderful, but it tasted even better than it looked.
The new parents were lucky enough to take a couple of slices home with them and
kind enough to leave the last 4 cupcakes for my kids.  Lucky ducks.

And finally a close up of the cake.  Seriously.  Look at how stinkin' cute it was.
We hated cutting into it...well, for about 5 seconds and then the powerful cravings for
cake kicked in and we totally caved.

I just love the attention to detail.
We had ordered 24...4 remained at the end of the night.  Those last 4 my kids devoured.  

So, that's it.  Baby Shower's are done and now I'm just counting down the
days until school's out for summer.  5 days.  I can't wait.
The kids can't wait.  More importantly, it means we'll actually just get to 
relax and spend time with one another.  No schedules to follow for an entire month...it's blissful.
July will bring the schedule's back, but until then, I'm going to savor every single peaceful moment!




No comments:

Post a Comment