Saturday, May 24, 2014

Bumblebee Baby Shower...DONE!

The bumblebee baby shower was today and I think it turned out pretty well.  It was a potluck shower, so there was a ton of yummy food, the cake was delish, and the decorations added the festive touch.  I hope mom to "bee" liked it as much as I did planning it!

The clothing line turned out SO much cuter than I had imagined.  I was especially excited to see
that Burt's Bee's has a clothing line, and so much of it had bees on it.  Perfect for a gender
neutral theme, wouldn't you say?

Fresh flowers, and the cutest balloon I found at the grocery store.  Actually, I had found three and
used them all through out the party area.

I love love love making diaper cakes.  The mom to be loves purple so I incorporated it in.  I even
had a friend crochet a pair of purple booties and a darling little hat (forgot to get a photo) that I attached to the back.  
The beehive cake was made by a local lady and the little cupcakes were actually
bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  Everything was scrumptious and sadly 
there weren't any leftovers to have with my coffee tomorrow ;)

Last but not least, a close up of the bundt cakes and these so perfectly tiny and adorable
candy bees that I had found while wandering a grocery store aisle during a grocery trip.  It was
like they were there just for me.  They were a HUGE hit.  I think they were by Wilton?

So that's it.  Baby Shower #1 is done.
Next weekend, baby shower #2!
It's a nautical theme and I love the big bold colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment