Saturday, April 13, 2013

Girls Night...what to wear???


I love girls night out!  It's a chance to cut loose a bit, no kids, no husbands, dressing up, and hanging out gabbing about all sorts of nonsense :)  

So yesterday, while the family was at work and school, I was rummaging through my closet, trying to find the perfect outfit for girls night and it dawned on me that I didn't have a jacket that would work for this beautiful spring-ish weather we've been having.  It's the plus side to losing weight, new clothes, but also a major downside for my wallet, ha.  

With just an hour before I had to pick the kids up from school, I jumped into the car and headed to Target where I didn't actually find a jacket, but did find a really cute tank with polka dots and ruffles on it.   Luckily or maybe unluckily, as my wallet groaned, there was a Kohls on my way to the school so I made a quick stop.  I was in and out of there in less than 15 minutes, but came out with the cutest gray 3/4 sleeve blazer AND it was on sale, AND I had a 20% off coupon, so my wallet wasn't groaning as loudly.

I had it all planned.  I'd wear the gray blazer, jeans...and?  Ugh.  What to choose?   Then Aimee came home from school and took the decisions away.   No arguing.  Suffice it to say she got her way, and I'm glad I listened.  I wore this with a pair of jeans and yellow B.O.C flats:


Girls night out, was a ton of fun.  It was nice to reconnect with a friend I hadn't seen in person for close to 6 months (busy lives), a little bit of retail therapy (mostly my friend, lol) and Sushi for dinner, topped off with a blueberry mojito made for an excellent night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment